Winter has arrived, meaning you and your family will be traveling all over the country to go on a much-needed vacation or to just take in the snow-covered scenery. However, it is very important that you remember to ensure the security of your home before you head out so that you can return to a truly safe house after your trips. Our experts at SafeHouse LLC, your local security company, want that for our customers and have provided several tips on how to protect your home as you enjoy a winter driving adventure:
- Let Neighbors Know: We recommend that you let your trusted neighbors know about your trip, what your destination is and when they can expect you back. Not only will this give you an extra set of eyes on your house, but it also will be very helpful if you run into an emergency out on the road and the authorities need to know where to send assistance.
- Hide Your Keys Well: Though this may already be a practice that you do, it never hurts to change the hiding places of any spare keys you have. Make sure that you choose places that are hard to detect even if someone was searching for them, but also one that you will remember. Some new spots could be among shrubbery, taped behind a rain spout, given to a neighbor, placed in a lockbox, or anywhere else that is concealed from view. However, our experienced team at SafeHouse LLC, your home for a new security system, says not to use decorative rocks because a thief can smash a window with one
- Let People Think Someone’s Home: Here at SafeHouse LLC, your home security destination, we suggest that you put out clues that someone still is at your house before you go away. They could be a dog bowl outside the door, lights set on a timer that will go off at “bedtime,” work boots or equipment somewhere outside, etc. These signs will be useful in deterring would-be burglars.
- Perform A Checklist Before You Leave: It is always a smart idea to make a mental home security checklist before you get in your car. Possible items to have on it are: locking all the doors and windows, ensuring your valuables are safely stored away, arming your security system (if you have one) and more. Though it may seem tedious, this practice will let you fully enjoy your trip with peace of mind.
- Have SafeHouse Experts Install A Security System: Our experienced team at SafeHouse LLC, your local security company, think that the best safety measure you can have is allowing us to install a security system in your home. We will go over exactly what the system will do, answer any questions you might have, and guarantee that you feel entirely confident in the capabilities of this system. You deserve to have fun away from home, so let SafeHouse LLC give you that confidence.
Here at SafeHouse LLC, your home security destination, we always want our customers to enjoy living in #SAFECommunities and have a great time on all of their journeys this winter. Contact us for more tips or to schedule the installation of your new security system today!