It’s the crescendo of the holiday season and the most wonderful time of the year. That means everyone is excited to show off the presents they received for Christmas and are busy planning to attend a friend’s party or make last-minute trips somewhere exotic, all to properly welcome the new year. In all the rush and preparations, it is only natural that home security tends to be the last thing on anyone’s mind. Our staff at SafeHouse LLC understands that your life can become very hectic, especially as the end of the year approaches. We want you to be able to celebrate worry-free, so that is why we have provided several tips on how to best protect what is yours while you are away. You deserve to be able to relax, enjoy your loved ones and give your farewells to 2017 with no distractions. We are confident that following these tips are certain to help you achieve that peace of mind:
- Before you leave your house to go out for an extended period of time, double-check to make sure that your security system is activated and that all potential entry points — like windows, doors, cellars, etc. — are tightly locked.
- While you are away, remember to keep all of your new Christmas presents out of sight and away from windows or other places that people can see into your house with. This especially applies to expensive gifts such as laptops, tablets, gaming consoles, TVs and more.
- It is always a good idea to immediately dispose of all the packaging that your presents came in. That way, you are not advertising what brands you have inside your home. If you cannot remove the boxes or envelopes right away, hide them somewhere that is not visible.
- Insuring your most valuable presents can be a wise choice, in case a theft does occur.
- When you are heading out somewhere, try to leave a few lights on throughout your house. They do not have to be major overhead lights or anything like that, but rather small fixtures like desk lamps. This will give everyone around you or passing by the illusion that someone is at home.
- As you travel to your destination, whether it is local or far away, keep an eye out for suspicious activity in your neighborhood. Do not hesitate or be afraid to report anything you that is out of the ordinary.
- One method that is simple to do is to not post any holiday travel plans on social media. While getting likes and reactions are fun, security is definitely a priority.
Here at SafeHouse LLC, we are ready to answer any questions you might have and provide more information on how to you can be protected this season. We are always glad to help when it comes to making sure you have the best home security available. We wish everyone a safe and a Happy New Year.